Disclosure: this post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
When you go camping, there’s one thing that you need to keep with yourself and which is one of the most important ones out of all. It is the sleeping bag. Going for a trip or camping in the wilds of the jungle, sleeping bags can be used for sleeping under the bed of stars and gazing at them or for lying around the campfire while chilling out with your company. On such trips, after the fire has died, you need rest and to get that, you need a bag that is comfortable for you to snug in and have a good night sleep. So if you are looking for some good quality sleeping bags when you are going out camping in the summer, then you have reached the correct article. Here you will get all the details that you require to choose an appropriate product for yourself.
When looking for such bags, you will need ones that will provide you comfort by keeping you warm if the temperatures go down below 40 degrees Fahrenheit. But there’s also something else that you need to look for in such bags and that is the weight of it. You would need a bag that can be packed easily and aren’t too heavy to carry because you don’t want carrying the weight of the bag around when instead you should enjoy the nature around you.
List of the best summer sleeping bags-
So here we have put up a list for you to help you choose the best product. We also have provided the pros and cons of it so that you can look into the product and then pick out the one that suits your purpose the best. Let’s get started with it.
- 1 Marmot Always Summer Sleeping Bag: 40 Degree Down
- 2 RAB Neutrino 200 Sleeping Bag
- 3 Cold Weather Sleeping Bag
- 4 Kuzmaly Camping Sleeping Bag
- 5 Oaskys Camping Sleeping Bag
- 6 REDCAMP Ultra Lightweight Sleeping Bag
- 7 ECOOPRO Warm Weather Sleeping Bag
- 8 Double Sleeping Bags for Adults
Marmot Always Summer Sleeping Bag: 40 Degree Down
This sleeping bag provided by Marmot is ultralight in weight so it won’t be a struggle for you to carry it around on your trip. The bag has a 650-fill-power-down insulation feature that doesn’t let the heat in. It will help you keep warm and cozy inside the bags. It also has a water resistant feature that doesn’t allow the water to enter so that you don’t have to worry even if it rains there. The best thing about this bag is that it has a heater pocket which increases the comfort of your sleeping bag. This pocket allows your feet to have some rest and let away all your tiredness with the footbox with the heater inside it. The bag has a stretchable tricot baffle that helps you to keep the fill in its place. It also has a full length multi-baffle hood which comes with a drawcord and a two way zipper with a draft tube. These things help limit the loss of heat from the tent. If you feel that the interior of the bag has become a bit warm so to let the heat out you can also open up the secondary zipper that lets some air in. The internal stash pocket in the bag has enough space for you to tuck some of your small items.
- The bag has a thermo gills feature that can be unzipped to allow ventilation.
- The fabric of the shell of this bag is 30D ripstop which doesn’t let the bag face any wear or tear.
- It also comes with a draft tube and an anti-snag zipper.
- It is a great product for side sleepers and is a spoon shaped bag.
- It is accompanied with a sack that can be stuffed.
- The price of this product is a bit too high.
- The stuff sack compresses the bag.
- The bag didn’t stand on the temperature ratings that are mentioned for it.
RAB Neutrino 200 Sleeping Bag
The company RAB is one of the most trusted ones when it comes to the production of sleeping bags. One of its highly rated products is the Neutrino 200 sleeping bag. This is among one of the best options that you can consider if you are looking for a bag that will keep you warm during cold nights and is also very lightweight to carry. The temperature rating of this bag is 44 degrees Fahrenheit. If you are going for a long summer hike then this product will come out to be very helpful for you. It will work very well in cold temperatures and if it is combinedly used with a sleeping bag liner, then it will work the best for you. The bag weighs very less because of the material which is used to make it and the tapered design that it has. You can easily pack the bag in a compression sack so that you don’t have to worry about carrying it. The stuff sack comes with the package is very nicely made from cotton. The best thing about this is that two such bags can be zipped together to make a double sleeping bag. The inside of the bag is very soft. This bag has enough space for you to sleep comfortably and you won’t feel claustrophobic.
- The weight of the bag is only a little bit over 1 lb.
- The bag is down-filled and is water resistant.
- The warmth-to-weight ratio is great.
- The bag is also very durable and will go on for long.
- It also contains a zippered stash pocket inside.
- The con of this product is that it does not have a separate drawcord for the internal collar and the hood of the bag.
Cold Weather Sleeping Bag
The filling of this bag is of high density rebound cotton which proves to be a great material. The bag is warm when you go to sleep in it and also provides comfort. The outer lining of the bag is made of high quality polyester. The inner lining of the bag is super soft and makes the bag very durable as well as comfortable to sleep in. There is also a two-way zipper present in the bag that helps in regulating the temperature inside the bag. If you unzip the zippers completely, you can easily convert them into a quilt also. To keep the bag tight and secure, you have a Velcro strap over the top of the zipper. It is to be used when the bag is fully zipped. This strap won’t let the bag come loose. This also makes sure that there is no heat loss from the bag when you are sleeping. The material of the bag is lightweight and also makes it durable. The carrying and storing is also very easy.
- There is a drawstring that keeps you insulated from the cold temperature.
- The heat doesn’t escape so that you can sleep peacefully.
- You can wash this bag very conveniently.
- The weight is only 3 lb which makes it easy to carry.
- The quality of the product is very good and it comes at an affordable price.
- The room for legs in the bag is very less.
- For summers it is good but for winters the temperature might not be warm inside.
Kuzmaly Camping Sleeping Bag
This bag’s outer layer is made of the 210T tear-resistant polyester material. This material acts as a water resistant. It also makes it durable as well as easy to clean. The bag comes with a double zipper feature which offers adequate ventilation inside the bag. The design of the bag is made such that when you come back after a great adventure and tiring day, you have the most comfortable bag with you to tuck yourself in. The bag is compact in size. You can also rest in the car using this bag as it provides you enough warmth. It can be used in all 3 seasons. The weight is only2.9 lb. It feels very soft on your skin. The storage is very convenient and the bag can be easily carried along. The bag also comes with a 60 days money back guarantee period.
- It can be used in all the seasons and keeps you warm and cozy.
- The ultraweight and waterproof features of this product are eye-catching.
- The polyester of this bag is soft on your skin.
- The zipper provides enough room for ventilation.
- You can easily return the bag if you are a first timer and you do not like the product.
- The layer of the bag is very thin.
- The comfort level is also not satisfactory.
Oaskys Camping Sleeping Bag
The bag is made so that it can be conveniently used in all 3 seasons. It is specifically made for temperatures like 10-20 degree Celsius. The material of the bag makes it water resistant in nature. The layering is double filled to provide you with the best sleep after a tiring day full of adventures. The design of the product is made so that if you want your feet out, you can open up the separated zipper at the bottom. The cleaning of the bag can be done just by wiping it easily. The storage of the bag is easy as it comes with a compression sack that has strips attached to it. You can easily replace the product if you don’t like it.
- The quali and the price of the bag is great.
- It is not bulky at all so you can carry it around easily.
- The customer service provided by the company is also trustworthy.
- It is very comfortable to sleep in and also usable in low temperatures.
- The waterproof feature also prevents you from the dampness outside.
- If you stretch then only the bag reaches the size as mentioned. If you lay flat then the bag is only about 26 inches.
- You would have to be very careful while cleaning as it might tear.
REDCAMP Ultra Lightweight Sleeping Bag
This sleeping bag is very comfortable both for indoor and outdoor activities. It comes with a storage bag for convenient maintenance of the bag. When you buy this product, you should know that it is convenient for one adult or two kids to sleep in. The polyester fabric used to make the bag is breathable in nature. It is also waterproof and can be cleaned easily using a damp cloth. There are side zippers provides with the bag with whose help two bags can be zipped together. The bag being foldable and lightweight becomes very easy to pack and carry. There are 2 filling weights and two bright eye-catching colours available in this bag for you to make the choice. It is comfortable for sleeping in temperatures ranging from 15-20 degree celsius. It is recommended to the females to choose the bags that are hooded. A 6 feet tall person can easily fit in this bag. There is zipper provided in the bag that can be used to make it double or make it a quilt. It is filled of fine cotton.
- The product is imported.
- The bag is ultralight in weight and very soft.
- It can be used in temperatures like 15-20 degree celsius.
- The sack has pockets so that you can store your belongings easily.
- There is a 365 days money back guarantee that comes with the product.
- To keep the outer and inner shell separated, there is no stitching in between.
- The size of the bag is not as mentioned.
- Changing your position in the bag is very difficult.
ECOOPRO Warm Weather Sleeping Bag
The material used to make this bag is Nylon. This material makes the product durable as well as waterproof in nature. The skin-friendly material of the bag makes it comfortable to sleep inside and can be used for temperatures ranging from 55 to 60 degree Fahrenheit. The weatherproof bag has a zipper that allows accommodation of one adult and two kids easily. It can be easily rolled unlike the other sleeping bags available in the market. It can be compressed and put into a sack to make it easy to carry. The compression of the product can be done to make the bag of just 11 inch in height and 1.7 lbs in its weight. If you are a backpacking enthusiast, then this sleeping bag is ideal for you. You don’t need a sleeping bag liner with this bag. This bag is perfect for outdoor camping trips. It can also work very well as a comforter. There is a full year warranty for this product.
- It is very compact and lightweight in nature.
- It is totally worth the price that it costs.
- It is thin but still keeps you warm.
- The compression of this bag is amazing.
- There is a double strap which makes handling of the bag very easy.
- Be careful while zipping and unzipping the product so that the material doesn’t get stuck with it.
- Not suitable for cold weather.
Double Sleeping Bags for Adults
This sleeping bag is made for two people to sleep together so if you go on an adventure with your family, then this is the appropriate product for you. It comes with two layer insulation. It is soft and provides great sleep to you. There is also some space for stretching and wriggling so that you can sleep comfortably by changing your positions. There are also inner pockets available inside the bag that make it very easy to store your valuable items like your wallet and your cellphones. If you want to free your feet from the temperature inside then you can unzip the zipper present at the bottom. The weight is only 5.7 lbs that allows you to carry it conveniently. This bag won’t weigh you down while travelling. It can also be split into two separate sleeping bags if you want to do that. The waterproof sleeping bag can surpass extreme weather conditions and still keep you safe inside. It can also be used as a quilt. You can wash the bag in the machine too. It comes with a compression bag making it travel friendly. It is good for warmer conditions. You can even contact the 24 hour available service team to help you out with any issue.
- It can be easily converted into two separate sleeping bags or two quilts as per your requirement.
- It is good for temperatures ranging from 8-15 degree celsius and is usable in all 3 weather conditions.
- The nylon and cotton material used makes the bag tear resistant.
- It can be washed easily in a machine.
- It comes with a well packed and airtight bag.
- It is not very suitable for very cold weather.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can sleeping bags be dry cleaned?
Ans. – No, the bags cannot be dry cleaned and there is a reason behind this. For dry cleaning, chemicals are used. Such products can damage the loft of the bag and also wear down the coating on the bag to make it waterproof. So you should remember to not give it for dry cleaning.
- Can sleeping bags be zipped together?
Ans. – yes it is possible to zip the sleeping bags together. If you have bags that are rectangular in shape then you can surely zip them together. The bags that are mummy shaped aren’t very comfortable when they are zipped together. If you want to snuggle with the other person then instead of zipping, you can go for the double sleeping bags.
- Can sleeping bags lose their warmth?
Ans. – The feature of sleeping bags keeping you warm is possible as they are able to trap the air inside. They can lose their insulation properties if the loft they have becomes compressed. You should remember not to store your sleeping bag in a bag that is very tight. Keep in mind to store it in a sack that is a bit loose. It would be best if you could hang the bag up if you have enough space in your home.
- Are sleeping bags safe for toddlers?
Ans. – This majorly depends on what the length of the toddler is. Parents get a lot worried about suffocation of their child inside such bags. Studies have proved this that the sleeping bags that come for infants are much more safe than the normal beddings. But there is a thing that makes sleeping bags a bit unsafe and that is the warmth inside it. The smaller the child is, the more space there is inside the bag for cold air.
Now we have reached the end of our article and we hope that we have provided you with enough information to help you make a choice between the best sleeping bags for summer that we have listed in this article. There are multiple things that you need to keep in mind while buying a sleeping bag. The most important thing is your purpose. You should keep in mind why you need the bag and for what you need. When you buy a perfect bag for yourself, you should take it to a campsite to check that all the features stated are true or not. Things like space, pockets, waterproof material and such things are very important to keep in mind while buying a sleeping bag for yourself. We hope you would have till now picked up the product you were looking for. So do not wait anymore and prepare yourself for an amazing adventure that is coming on your way.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.