Disclosure: this post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If you are a modern backpacker, then you know what the most important thing is right? Your Cellphone. But where to get a power source when the battery dies? So carrying a power bank also becomes very important. Now, what are the features that make a power bank best for backpacking? So here we are with a list to ensure that you buy the best power bank so that you have enough power sources while you are in the wild exploring all around. But not just phones, devices like cameras and GPS are very helpful but the only issue that they have is that their battery dies. They need to be recharged. Here is the list of some portable chargers that can be used for camping and backpacking so that they can keep your gear charged up as well as alive.
Here is the list that we have been talking about and it contains some of the best products with the link as well so that you can instantly click on it and add them to your cart. This will ensure that the next time you go on a trip, you don’t have to look for a power source to charge up your devices.
Dark Energy Poseidon IP68 Waterproof, Shockproof
Here is the first product that we have for you on the list. It is available in the dark edition. The brand to which it belongs is Dark Energy. It is a 10,000 mAh power bank. This means that it can charge your phone by almost 4-6 times in a single charge. It has a built-in light so that you can identify where your power bank is. It has also been tested for the probability of destruction. The power bank has military-grade durability. It is completely waterproof and has a rating of IP68. The output of the power bank is 3.4 amps and has a total of two charging ports. Using a USB cable, it can charge any type of device like tablets, phones, action cameras, Bluetooth speakers and GPS units. It also comes with an ultra-durable Micro USB cable that has a nylon strap and carabiner and is wrapped in paracord. The output that the power bank gives is enough to quickly charge an iPhone 12. The construction is thin and the USB cable’s length is 20 feet.
- It comes with a built-in light feature so that you don’t have to stumble in the dark in case your phone is dead and you don’t have a flashlight.
- It is solar chargeable.
- The battery capacity is 10,000 mAh.
- It is compact and light so that it can be easily stored.
- The price of the power bank is a bit high.
- The solar panels would have to be bought separately to charge the power bank.
- The input port is a bit weak.
Anker PowerCore+ 26800 PD with 30W Power Delivery Charger
This power bank from Anker is one of the leading products of America. The charging speed of the power bank is very high. It can charge devices like tablets, phones and USB-C notebooks. There are 2 USB ports of 5V/3a each. The battery capacity of the power bank is 26,800 mAh. Using the power bank, your phones can be charged up to 7 times and the tablets by 2 times and the notebook for once. The charging by this power bank is 3 times faster than other power banks. The devices can be fully charged in 4.5 hours as the input of the power bank is 27W. In the charger, a compatible charger is included. It is a 30W USB-C wall charger. The lightning cable is not included in the product. There is a travel pouch, welcome guide and free 18-month customer service available.
- There is a button available to check how much battery is remaining.
- Even if there are 2 devices charging together, you get a quick charge.
- The charging of the iPhone is done at 18W and the laptop at 30W.
- Even when a wall charger is connected, it won’t charge itself when it is charging your device.
- The cables are a little flimsy.
- The price is also not convenient.
OUTXE Quick Charge 20000mAh IP67
The power bank is rubberized as well as rugged in construction so that it can stand the abuses of the wild. The dual inputs of the power bank are of 4A. There are also two carabiners so that you can attach your power bank to your bag. They get easily clipped to your backpack and won’t even shake when you are out on the adventure. The construction is of silicone rubber. The grain design provides it with a firm grip. The battery is such that you can charge it at night once and then can use it for a whole week. The charging is 4 times faster than other power banks. It can make your phone reach 80% in just 35 minutes. There are two ports to charge devices simultaneously. The battery is of 20,000 mAh power. It also has a flashlight of 200 lm. The weight is just 18.5 oz. The waterproof rating of the product is IP67.
- The battery of the power bank is 20,100 mAh which is considered better than others.
- It is waterproof, dustproof as well as shockproof.
- There are dual charging outputs.
- The flashlight is brightly integrated.
- A weight over 1 lb is considered a bit heavy in power banks.
- It cannot be charged via a solar panel.
- The wire is not long enough.
Solar Charger 26800mAh
This power bank comes in orange colour which looks very attractive and is a great product if you want a powerful power bank for camping and backpacking outdoors. It has a Type-C port. The battery is 26,800 mAh which means it can quickly charge up your phone in very little time. The power bank is cable-free which means that you can charge up your phones wirelessly. The output is 3A and it charges up your phone 2.5 times faster. To recharge your power bank, you can either use a USB or even charge it in the sunlight. When you first use the power bank, make sure that it is fully charged. If you do not use the power bank frequently, then you would have to charge it up only once in a period of 3 months. There are 3 USB ports in the power bank. It is portable and is constantly powered up. There are Multi-functional LED lights in it if you want a power source in time of emergency.
- The build of the power bank is heavy but sleek.
- It’s an apt product to take for outdoor adventures and camping.
- It is waterproof.
- It charges up the phone in very little time.
- You won’t be able to carry it in your purse or pocket.
- The charger is heavy and larger than you expect.
- Solar charging is very slow.
Anker Astro E1 Candy-Bar Sized Ultra Compact Portable Charger
The brand from which this power bank is Anker. It comes in black colour. The technology of the power bank is leading. The charge is so fast that it can speed up the charge to 2 amps. The battery of the power bank is 6700 mAh. This enables a fast-charging system. You must use the original cable of your device. The power bank is incredibly compact and the size of the power bank is like a small candy bar. It can perfectly fit inside your pocket. It can get recharged in 5.5 hours and the adapter is of 1A. The adapter is not included in this. It has a Micro USB cable with it. It has a travel pouch and comes with a welcome guide too. It comes with an 18 month warranty period and the customer service is very friendly.
- The charging power of the product is very fast.
- The battery backup is beyond expectations.
- There is a glossy finish of the power bank.
- There is only one port in this power bank.
- The weight is a lot.
- It is a bit expensive.
Solar Power Bank, Qi Portable Charger
This is a Wireless as well as Solar powered power bank. The power of the product is 10,000 mAh. It is easily compatible with Qi-enabled mobile phones. The solar charging of this power bank is an additional feature of the product. The size of the product is small but has a large capacity. The solar charging option of the power bank is a backup source. You can use this when other sources are unavailable. If you are going on trips, then you must make sure that this is fully charged. The charging by solar power has been extensively tested. The power bank gets recharged within 6 hours. The charging speed of this power bank is much faster. The construction of this charger is done with premium ABS material as well as a battery of lithium polymer batteries. It is durable as well as sturdy. There are dual flashlights in the power bank. It is light in weight as well as compact in size. There is a compact kit with the product. It can be used when you are camping, cycling, fishing, travelling, hiking and the beaches.
- The solar panel is integrated into the battery housing.
- It is waterproof, shockproof as well as dustproof.
- The power bank has Qi wireless charging.
- It is easy to carry as it has a velcro cable tie.
- The solar panel of the power bank is small so the time taken to charge is very much.
- A lot of sunlight is needed to charge up this power bank.
- Customer service isn’t good.
BioLite Campstove 2
Here is a product that we have for you which can turn fire into electricity. Isn’t this amazing? 3 watts of usable energy is generated by this product that is originally a camp stove. There is a 2600 mAh battery present inside it which makes it a power bank also. It has flashlights in it too. The output of charging is 50% better. There are updated thermoelectric in this stove so that more energy can be generated from fire. It can boil 1 litre of water in 4.5 minutes. The legs of this are lightweight and made of aluminium. It is portable and durable for a backpacking trip. The Flexlight attached to it is made in a gooseneck design which is portable and controllable.
- Renewable biomass can be converted to electricity.
- As a camping stove also it works very well.
- Efficient burning is available because of the shape and the fans.
- While you are charging your phone, it can cook up your food.
- The output is only 3W so there is no fast-charging option.
- The customer service is not good.
- It gets so hot that holding it is not possible.
This power bank comes with an emergency radio. It has a 2000 mAh battery which can charge up your phone or tablet. If you need a boost of power then you can use the 3 power sources. There is a crank lever and a solar panel that has the capability to regenerate the power so that your SOS alarm, lights and radio all are ready to go. There are 4 LED reading lights in this and a 1W flashlight. The radio is such that emergency weather forecasts and emergency news can be received by it dependably. The product comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- The construction of the product is solid and strong.
- There is free energy available. It is for emergency use though.
- Even the AAA batteries can be used as a backup.
- A lot of effort is taken to use it.
- It is not a suitable product for charging smartphones.
- There is no jack of earphones so you can’t listen to the radio privately.
Ayeway Battery Pack
Here is another amazing product that we have for you. It comes with 2 lithium batteries and they are included in it. This power bank is portable and the capacity is 26,800 mAh. This can be used very conveniently as a power source when you go camping or hiking or any such adventure. You can even gift this to a person as this is a very useful product. The power bank keeps your phone on and working all the time as the battery has so much capacity. There is a one year warranty. The product only weighs 14.4 ounces. As the capacity is so much, it is a bit heavy. The lithium polymer cell that is used is much safer than other cells. The power bank is heavy and durable. There are 2 USB ports. One is a USB Micro and the other one USB C. You should charge this power bank using a 5V 2.1A wall charger. There is also an LCD screen but you won’t be able to see unless it’s on. You can even take it in the aeroplane as it is under 100Wh. It can easily fit in a pocket or handbag.
- There is a lot of power in the power bank to charge speedily.
- The product is hefty as well as reliable.
- You get a pouch with it that makes it easy to handle.
- The battery depletes too fast.
- The power bank is bulky.
- The plug has a loose fit.
Solar Charger – 30000mAh
This power bank uses 4 solar panels that are foldable. This helps the sunlight to charge the solar power bank. The current input is 1.2A which can replenish the power of the solar charger very quickly. The power bank comes with an 18W charging capacity. This allows you to charge anytime and anywhere. The charger is 2A which can allow maximum power of 18W. The charging efficiency is increased by two times by this power bank as this power bank reduces your charging time. The capacity is 30,000 mAh and has a lithium polymer battery. There is an additional 2 USB and a 1 Type-C output port. There can be 4 devices charged simultaneously. There is leather protection for the solar panel. There is also a rescue light and a buckle so that you can carry it easily when you are cycling or enjoying hiking. The solar battery charger that is available with the power bank has passed the test of professional product certification.
- It has a waterproof rating of IP66.
- There is a bright LED light in the power bank.
- Wireless charging is also available with this power bank
- There are 4 solar panels that allow a high-quality conversion rate.
- Charging it directly from the base can be a bit difficult.
- The instructions available are very difficult to understand.
- The solar panels do not charge the battery at a fast speed.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have completed the list of the best products that we have picked up for you. Now here are some questions that might help you understand the situation better.
- Will my portable solar panel work in cloudy weather?
Answer – When you buy a power bank that has solar panels, you must know that it works best when the weather is bright and sunny. But if the weather is cloudy, they will still perform. But the rate at which they operate slows down. The rough estimate is 25% of the total charging output and it depends upon the model of the product.
- How do you charge a portable power station?
Answer – If you have a portable power station, it can be charged through a wall outlet or a 12V Carport or a portable solar panel.
- How much power output do I need from my portable power device for camping?
Answer – The power that you need must be enough to recharge your cell phone either once or twice. If you are going on a long trip then you would need to recharge your device several times. There might be even a requirement to charge small appliances. A portable solar panel is such that it allows you to recharge your power station as many times as you want.
There is no such power bank that has all the features and can provide you with everything that you want. So you will have to look for the product that you require the most and covers almost all the features that are a requirement for you when you go camping. There are many features that you need to keep in mind like the battery backup, the flashlight and many more such things. So you should buy a product that suits you the best. We have provided you with a list in this article and we hope that you can find the product that you have been looking for. We suggest you go through the whole of the article and have a look at the products so that you can pick up the product you want.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.